Do I need a Permit for Interior Alterations?

02.04.18 07:24 PM Comment(s) By RAMA QUQA

A building permit is required for all structural alterations (or material changes) within single family dwellings, semi-detached dwellings and townhouse dwelling units. 

Example: permit to remove a load bearing wall.

A permit is also required for removing any wall regardless if it is load-bearing or not.

A Building Permit is not required for painting, replacing countertops, replacing an old window or a door, adding a lighting fixture, or replacing tiles or floors. 

It is always best to check with the Municipality first, and always hire a certified insured contractor to do the work.

Share -